One thing that we talk about a lot in deception detection is the free editing process. What does that even mean? What significance does it have if I simply ask you to “tell me what happened” vs. peppering you with questions? And how can the analysis process be the same regardless of education level or socioeconomic factors? That’s what we’re covering today. You can catch up on the rest of the podcast episodes here.
- Deception Principle 13: Unasked Questions Equal Concealed Information
- Deception Detection Principle #12: Skipped Time Equals Concealed Information
- Deception Principle 11: What Social Introductions Tell You About Relationships
- Deception Detection Principle 10: Unity in the Statement
- Deception Detection Principle #9: The Free Editing Process